Wednesday, December 1, 2010

World Income Disparity Visualized

I have never seen a better visualization of the massive discrepancies in income and health.  This problem is solvable.



UPDATE:  I posted this after seeing it at Pharyngula, and then I went back and read the comments.  The data presented came from gapminder.org, which is one fascinating site.  I strongly urge you to check it out.  A word of warning though, you can easily spend a few hours there.

They have a number of videos, including this one on the effects of democracy on wealth and health.  I found the results to be astounding.

1 comment:

  1. Well Mr. Johann, U were absolutely right. The video's are facinating! I liked the 1st a lot more but they were both very entertaining while educational & thought prevoking. Thanx 4 sharing that my Bro. Now if I could get U to just share a little of that weed. >:)

    ReplyDelete