Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My New Favorite Time Suck

Ah, the interwebs are truly delightful. One never knows when one will stumble upon a new time suck, a website where one can spend far too many hours, wasting time that could be better spent sleeping, writing a new post, or actually being sociable with real people.

The other day, courtesy of RationalWiki, I stumbled upon 27b/6 (do not ask me what the name means), a site owned by one David Thorne, a graphic designer, humorist, sci-fi nut, and a bit of an ass (a run on sentence? do I care?). He enjoys getting into long email exchanges with unsuspecting dupes, picking at them and taunting them, and enjoying the rage that he creates. The results are truly hilarious.

He ridicules a client grunging for free design work, humiliates a poor lady who needs a "Lost Cat" poster made (he's a bit of a bully), exacts revenge on a ski shop with poor costumer service, and drives a homophobe to threaten violence and legal trouble. He claims that his email exchanges are all real, and I have no reason to doubt him. Not that I care; he's too damn funny.

Go check out his site if you have a few hours to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment