Monday, October 3, 2011

Hello? Is this thing on?

I'm back. Perhaps.

Two main factors contributed to my prolonged absence. Well, three if you count general laziness, but I'm planning on skipping that.

1) The cab driving business has turned to complete shit. Business never came back after the recession which the people who claim to know say is over but it really isn't. Times are bad, and they are getting worse. One of the first luxuries the people cut when times are tough is the daily cab ride. Business was too slow, and I was not earning enough to keep up with my free-spending lifestyle.

So, I said fuck it. I packed up myself and the cats and flew off to the Pacific Northwest. I've been here about a month now, and I've discovered that this is a land of tall trees, big mountains, and a disturbing lack of guardrails. Oh, and rain. Apparently monsoon season is starting. The ten day forecast calls for nine days of rain.

2) This whole atheist community I was getting involved in has really begun to annoy me. The amazing kerfuffle surrounding Elevatorgate is pretty fucking disturbing. To think that with all that is going on in the world, this is the most talked about event for the past year. perhaps the past several years. I haven't been paying attention enough to know. Pathetic. Really completely and totally pathetic.

I wonder, do I really want to get involved with such a dysfunctional group?

No comments:

Post a Comment