Friday, April 6, 2012

Off to Europe.

A month or so ago my cabbie friend David made me a proposition. He said that he wanted to travel around Europe for a few months, but he didn't want to travel by himself. So, he asked if he would pay my way, if I would travel with him. I said sure.

We are leaving Florida a week from Saturday on a giant ass cruise ship. Fifteen days and five stops later, we will arrive in Rome. After a week there, we'll start traveling around.

I have been spending the last several months helping my sister and her wife remodel their house, so I haven't a job. No job, and being single, I'm free to take an extended period of time off.

But, not having steady employment for a while had left me a bit short of cash. David is paying my way (he has the money, and he doesn't want to travel alone), but I don't want to rely on him entirely. I have drug habits to support. I smoke cigarettes regularly and joints occasionally. I also enjoy an adult beverage every now and then. So, I'm not in any kind of dire need. If you are broke yourself, keep your money, but if you can spare five bucks, hit the yellow donate button sitting in the sidebar over on the right. I promise to only spend the money on drugs. And maybe prostitutes. I will not waste any donated money on frivolous pursuits such as going to some boring ass art museum.

If any of my European readers want to meet up for coffee or drinks, drop me a line. We don't have a clear itinerary, so I can probably arrange to meet anyone.

David and I both believe that the best way to enjoy travel is to wander the streets and sit at the occasional cafe and people watch. We will hit the assorted touristy areas, such as Caesar's house.


Yeah, the home of Augustus Caesar. Some of the frescoes still exist. Absolutely amazing. Imagine the history of the western world that was decided in this building. I can't wait to see it.

I'm about to start the adventure of my life. Check in regularly. I'll update often. Ciao.

BTW, I was totally kidding (on the square) about hiring prostitutes. As a good, proper, dictionary atheist, I am of course I am a strong feminist. And, any feminist would tell you that a good feminist would never hire a prostitute, cause it's objectification. Or something. Those same feminists would also tell you that they are sex positive and support sex worker's rights. They just don't like the johns.


No comments:

Post a Comment